Okay, so I wasn’t actually awarded this one. I saw it over on Cassey’s blog and mentioned in her comments section that I may use it to inspire some cool Q&A type stuff for a post on my blog. Of course, it sounded like a totally unsubtle hint at wanting an award, so she added me to her list of nominees. Yay, me! ;-P
And here’s how it works:
- 1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- 2. Answer the questions asked by the nominator.
- 3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and link them.
- 4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- 5. Notify your nominees via social media/blogs.
And here are the questions Cassey asked, with my answers:
1. When you go somewhere new, what’s more important seeing the sights or eating the food?
Depends on the place and what my budget is. But more often than not, I’m all about the food first, then the sights. The scenery will still be there tomorrow but I might not, if I starve to death! 😉
2. Five cities/countries/places you must see.
New York City, Venice, Germany, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Hong Kong, Thailand, Milan, Cyprus, Greece, the Louvre (again), the inside of Burj Khalifa, Disneyland, the LEGOLAND resorts, Cadbury’s Dairy World… And everywhere else in between. Sorry, no way I’m picking just five. You can’t make me!
3. Favourite city/country/place.
Right now, Johannesburg. Because it’s where I’m setting up the systems and structures that will create wealth for my family and allow us in time to visit and explore and fall in love with all the other places we’ll go.
4. Shades of grey or black and white?
All of them. Some things, you just know are right or wrong. Others, you have to gauge what’s the greatest good for the greatest number…
5. Who’s your favourite superhero?
Not sure. I’m kind of disenchanted with what moviemakers have done with superheroes of late – they’re all coming off a bit poncey. I really like David Dunn of the 2000 movie, Unbreakable? He’s real and raw and wounded and vulnerable and big and unbreakable and just a good guy, deep down.
6. Who’s your favourite villain?
Elijah Price. He’s the perfect polar opposite to David Dunn but also not really. In his own way, he’s kind of a good guy, too.
7. Top three books.
The Hounds of the Morrigan – Pat O’ Shea
Kringe in ‘n Bos – Dalene Matthee
The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
Of course, this could change at any moment. Picking favourites is hard because the way I feel about a book can change at any time, depending on where I’m at, mentally and emotionally. If it communicates something to me that resonates with me, I love it. When it stops doing that, I move on.
8. Top three series
I really don’t watch much TV at all, so this is hard. I’ll have to list the only three series I’ve actually watched over the past couple of years:
Prison Break (How kak was the ending?!)
Dexter (only saw up to end of Season 6)
Game of Thrones
9. Tea or coffee?
Coffee in the morning. Rooibos tea the rest of the day. And maybe the odd coffee in between.
10. Favourite game.
Up until recently, I was having loads of fun playing Criminal Case on my phone. But that went the way of social media and now I don’t play any games anymore.
11. Favourite character you’ve played.
A long, long time ago, when I dabbled in RPG, I once played a Ravnos vampire with a bunch of cool skills but known to be dead. It was awesome.
And here are my nominations:
I’m not nominating anyone. I don’t think there are even 11 people who read my blog. And I’m pretty sure that most of the bloggers I follow have more than 200 followers. Also, I’m not on social media, so this eliminates the notifying nominees bit from the equation, too. So, if you read my blog and would like to play, here are my questions to you:
1. Where in the world have you been?
2. What is your signature dish – the one thing you can make/cook/bake better than anyone else?
3. How many of your high school friends are you still in touch with now?
4. What did you want to be when you “grew up” and are you doing/being that now?
5. Five books you could read over and over again?
6. Five all time favourite films?
7. Top five songs in your current playlist?
8. What has been your biggest adventure so far?
9. What is your single greatest regret?
10. What is your single greatest motivator?
11. If you could change one thing in the world/your life/your job/the universe, what would it be?
And there you go.